5.01.2012

Professional Work Experience

Princeton Partners, Princeton NJ
Public Relations Intern

In January 2009 I began an internship with Princeton Partners, an integrated brand marketing agency. I have spent a lot of my time there working on an assortment of projects for the agency's various healthcare and business-to-business clients. Some of my responsibilities include the following:
  • Composed media lists, recommendations, and other internal/external communications for the agency and/or clients
  • Conducted research for client projects and contributed to marketing plans and proposals
  • Assisted in team meetings by supporting client's brands and messages with integrated marketing campaigns
  • Instrumental in contributing creative ideas for public relations outreach, advertising support, and other marketing fields
One of the things I value most about my time at Princeton Partners was the opportunity I have been given to work on a wide range of projects and the hands-on experience I have gained in the different departments within the agency. Each day brought on a new assignment, be it generating extensive media lists, participating and contributing to team meetings, or researching public relations opportunities for clients. Despite not working on a single project from day-to-day however, I was able to follow-up with how the work I submitted was used or helpful for the agency's on-going projects, whether it was providing a basis of information for client research or for inclusion into a marketing plan.

I spent a lot of my time doing research on social media with which I quickly developed an interest in. During my time there I developed a document explaining exactly what the social networking site Twitter is and how it can be used to benefit businesses. You can view this document here, and below is the PowerPoint I created to present to the agency.



The experience I have gained has provided me with knowledge and an understanding of what it takes to work at a marketing agency. It has developed the skills I learned as an undergrad and has only increased my interest in obtaining a career in this field.

No comments: